New England Home Furniture Consignment only accepts furniture and home décor that is in new, like-new, or excellent condition. Popular, familiar brands known for quality and craftsmanship tend to sell best. Although we do accept antiques, we establish prices based on what we are confident our customers are willing to pay, not necessarily what antiques have been appraised at by professionals.
If you would like to consign an item:
- Assess whether the item is made with quality (we only accept well-made furniture).
- Make sure your items are clean and polished before you bring them to the gallery.
- Inspect each item to make sure it is sturdy and undamaged (tighten bolts, or touch up any areas that need attention).
We make decisions on what we accept based on what we have successfully sold in the past and the tastes and preferences of our clients. We are likely to decline any furniture or home décor that is in “well-loved condition”. Please consult the following list as a reference to help you determine whether your items are what we love to sell or what we do not carry in our gallery.
What We Love
- Any style and type of furniture including pieces for the bedroom, kitchen, dining room, office, living room, family room, patio, sunroom, or entertainment room
- Furniture items made with wood, leather, wrought iron
- Upholstered pieces in pristine condition
- Home décor including table and floor lamps, mirrors, signs, picture frames, baskets, candle holders, art, pottery, enamelware, ceramics, full sets of fine china, kitchen and dining and unique accents for the home.
- Seasonal décor will be accepted based on uniqueness and condition. We generally showcase seasonal items for a shorter time period (60 days) than our other consignment items. We begin accepting holiday decor 2 months prior to the upcoming holiday.
What We Don’t Accept
- Furniture with noticeable scratches, dents, broken or missing pieces
- Electronics or anything needed to be plugged in (besides lamps!)
- Appliances- large or small
- Baby furniture
- Mattresses & boxsprings
- Toys & stuffed animals
- Musical instruments
- Books & magazines
- Clothing, handbags, pocketbooks, jewelry and other personal accessories
- Sports & exercise equipment
- Pet accessories
- Well-loved linens for bed, kitchen & dining rooms
- Linens for bath (towels, bathmats, shower curtains)
- Used/ faded window treatments, curtains or rods
- Collectible figurines, dolls, collector’s edition plates, teacups, mugs and glasses
- Silk or dried flower arrangements and wreaths
- Everyday glassware, mugs, dishes
- Kitchenware items such as pots, pans, utensils, everyday silverware
The Nitty Gritty Details
- All items must be attractive in new, like-new, or excellent condition and be smoke, pet, odor, and damage free. Upholstered pieces must be in perfect, clean condition.
- Well-known, quality brand names sell best.
- Lamps must be in working order, have all hardware and up-to-date safe wiring.
- All glassware, enamelware, pottery and ceramics must be free from cracks and chips.
- Artwork and mirrors must be free from water damage, mold & mildew and have a hook or wire allowing items to be hung.
Our best advice is to bring us your best before your yard sale. Please do not be insulted if we cannot accept all of your items. As much as we all love a great yard sale, New England Home Furniture Consignment is a gallery of fine home furnishings and décor. We are not snobby but we are selective about the style of furniture and home décor we accept and we are doing everyone a favor by stating in advance what we know our clients are looking for and what will sell quickly. Please read our Consignment Terms & Process for more details and information regarding consigning with New England Home Furniture Consignment.